Taking part in Extracurriculars is crucial in a student's life. Some of the reasons why you need to invest your time in participating in extracurricular activities are listed below.
1. You get to talk to new people and build new connections.
2. You get to meet students from different backgrounds.
3. You get to improve your communication skills and gain transferrable skills such as teamwork, problem-solving, brainstorming, and time management.
4. You develop leadership skills.
5. Volunteering for a charity or non-profit organization, a school, a hospital, or a local community center helps in increasing your knowledge of a particular type of work.
6. Allows you to boost your CV with real work/life experience.
7. Allows you to impress universities. It is also of great benefit to a student’s resume when it comes to applying for universities or jobs.
8. Helps in improving academic performance.
9. Extracurricular activities can also play a key role in the development of self-esteem and confidence of a student. Good self-esteem is essential for positive mental health and well-being.
10. Brings out the hidden talent in you. It encourages students to bring out the best in themselves, they get the opportunity to explore their talents and qualities through extracurriculars that fosters their overall personality and not just academic growth.